In this episode of The Italian American Podcast, we talk with Dianne Hales. Hales is the author of La Bella Lingua and a widely published, award-winning freelance journalist. In this episode, Dianne tells the story of her love for the Italian language and how learning to speak Italian has enriched her life in so many ways.
In our Stories Segment, Anthony discusses five specific tips on how you can learn to speak Italian. The tips were taken from an article which Anthony references by Lucrezia Oddone who has a website entitled Learn Italian with Lucrezia.
“Opportunity is missed by people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas Edison
- “If you are going to Italy, you’ve got to learn the language.” – Anthony Fasano
- “Italian history and culture never disappoint. There is always a story.” – Dianne Hales
- “The Italian language is like a language created by a poet.” – Dianne Hales
- “One of the easiest ways to lose your identity is to not have a language that you share.” – Dolores Alfieri
- “Since we all learn differently, it’s good to just experiment.” – Dianne Hales on learning Italian
- “There are so many ways to learn Italian that are sheer fun.” – Dianne Hales
- “You never know where the Italian language might lead you.” – Dianne Hales
- “Think of the Italian language as a gate, as it will open what you want to find on the other side.” – Dianne Hales
- “Stay calm and try to be as confident as possible.” – Anthony Fasano on learning Italian
About our Guest…Dianne Hales
Dianne Hales is a widely published, award-winning freelance journalist. She has served as a contributing editor for Parade, Ladies Home Journal, Working Mother and American Health and has written for many national publications, including Family Circle, Fitness, Glamour, Good Housekeeping, Health, Mademoiselle, McCall’s, New York Times, Psychology Today, Readers’ Digest, Redbook, Science Digest, Self, Seventeen, Washington Post, Woman’s Day, and World Book.
Dianne’s trade books (listed below) include La Bella Lingua; Think Thin, Be Thin; Just Like a Woman; and Caring for the Mind. She is also the author of the best-selling college health textbook, “An Invitation to Health,” and co-author of “An Invitation to Personal Change.”
The National Italian American Foundation
Verizon Fios (Mediaset Italia)
Mediaset Italia has all the best programming from Italy’s top channels put together in one channel, and right now our listeners can get 50% off their Italian language package for 6 months, which features Mediaset Italia AND Rai Italia. And if you’re a new customer, for $79.99 per month for your first year with a 2-year contract, you can get 150 Megabite speed Internet, Custom TV and Phone. To get in on this deal, call Verizon Fios at 1-888-755-7571 to subscribe.
|La Bella Lingua||The Book of Sleep||Forty Days in Italy Con La Mia Famiglia|
Learn Italian with Lucrezia (Traveling to Italy without knowing Italian)
How to make learning Italian fun through song
Anthony Fasano and Dolores Alfieri
Co-Hosts, The Italian American Podcast
[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/5476977/height-orig/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/height/90″ height=”90″ width=”100%” placement=”bottom” theme=”custom”]
Leave a Reply