In this episode of The Italian American Podcast, we talk with Lisa Scottoline, New York Times bestselling author and Edgar award-winning author of 29 novels, including her latest work, Exposed:A Rosato & DiNunzio Novel.
In our Stories Segment, Anthony talks to Zachary DiIonno, events director for the Friends of Italy Society of Hawaii, about how he ended up in Hawaii and the feast (Festa Italiana) that his society is putting together.
“A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn to glorious success.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “I love you no matter what, NOT I will love you if you get an A [in school].” – Lisa Scottoline on her parents
- “We are so lucky to be born into this culture.” – Lisa Scottoline on being Italian American
- “The ferocity of the love and the certainty of the love they give their children is absolute bedrock Italian American.” – Lisa Scottoline on her parents
- “In college, I went home every Sunday for Sunday dinner.” – Lisa Scottoline
- “What is common to both Italian culture and American culture is storytelling.” – Lisa Scottoline
- “Not all Italians are the same, but in the main, we still run hotter than most people.” – Lisa Scottoline
- “What Italians do best is hard work, resilience, talent, and humor.” – Lisa Scottoline
- “One thing all Italian Americans have in common is Sunday dinners.” – Anthony Fasano
- “Be whoever you are and write your story.” – Lisa Scottoline
About our Guest…
Lisa Scottoline is the New York Times bestselling author and Edgar award-winning author of 29 novels, including her latest work, Exposed:A Rosato & DiNunzio Novel. She also writes a weekly column with her daughter, Francesca Serritella, for the Philadelphia Inquirer titled “Chick Wit,” which is a witty and fun take on life from a woman’s perspective.
|The Vendetta Defense||I Need a Lifeguard Everywhere but the Pool|
Anthony Fasano and Dolores Alfieri
Co-Hosts, The Italian American Podcast
[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/5658582/height-orig/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/height/90″ height=”90″ width=”100%” placement=”bottom” theme=”custom”]