In this episode, we’re speaking with best-selling author, manifesting expert, keynote motivational speaker, and master life coach Sarah Centrella about her book, “Hustle Believe Receive,” and how everyone can make their dreams reality when they’re not afraid to take action. She also talks about how she was able to take an inspiring trip to Italy with her children, as a single mother, and she outlines how you can make your own dream trip come true. And of course, she talks about one of our favorite topics – the hustle as an Italian American trait.
In the Story Segment, we talk to one of our long-time listeners, author Joe Pagetta about his book, “Guinea Bastard,” a collection of personal reflections and essays from his childhood growing up as an Italian American.
- “Going to Italy and having my children see it for the very first time was like a love affair for me.” – Sarah Centrella
- “There’s only one way to get what you want and that is to work for it.” – Sarah Centrella
- “It’s important to have a goal and to visualize it, but you also need to roll up your sleeves and get things done to make it a reality.” – Anthony Fasano
- “Being able to hustle means being able to figure things out no matter what it takes.” – Sarah Centrella
- “Italian Americans are a great example of what can happen when you set your mind to something and are willing to work hard for it.” – Sarah Centrella
- “I want to share what I am doing because it is changing my life, and just maybe it could change somebody else’s life as well.” – Sarah Centrella
- “You can’t just make a vision board and put it on your wall and go to sleep.” – Dolores Alfieri Taranto
- “If you set the foundation, you don’t have to convince yourself of anything, the foundation will do it for you.” – Sarah Centrella
- “The thing that makes you successful is the fact that you’re doing it.” – Sarah Centrella
- “Surround yourself with your dream.” – Sarah Centrella
- “You have to be willing and ready when your moments come and know that everything is going to work out for you.” – Sarah Centrella
About our Guests
Centrella is the author of the #1 best-selling self-help book Hustle Believe Receive: An 8 Step Plan to Changing Your Life and Living Your Dream. Centrella is known as the premier vision board expert and original Manifesting Gangsta! Her new book of the same title will be released in early 2019. As a master life coach, she’s worked with professional athletes in the NBA and NFL, WAGS and thousands of people from around the world, helping them manifest their dreams.
She regularly delivers keynote speeches and leads workshops for clients such as Pinterest, Nike, BMW, Xerox, Morgan Stanley, and NBA Wives Association. She is a national spokesperson for the American Red Cross. Centrella is also a contributor for several major sites including Elite Daily, Mindvalley, Thrive, and Huffington Post.
The New Neighborhood
IAP 15: Gay Talese on growing up Italian American in Mid-20th Century America. Part 1 of 2
IAP 16: Gay Talese on showing up as a journalist. Part 2 of 2
MUSSOLINI AND ME: Confronting My Own Version of Heritage Not Hate
Joe Pagetta Website
Anthony Fasano and Dolores Alfieri Taranto
Co-Hosts, The Italian American Podcast